bowling

bowling

Sunday 8 January 2017

Addendum to Kendall House report

"‘V (another resident) was one of the first ones to warn me that if I didn’t behave I would be drugged and I didn’t know what she was on about, you know, I mean I had just got there and I sat on the stairs, I cried and I cried and went to bed. They put me in a dorm and I kept crying, and I woke up the next morning and the first thing they did was told me I had to go to the office and they started giving me tablets. I said to them ‘Well, what am I having tablets for?’ and they said that I needed them and I thought ‘Well, I weren’t ill,’ you know’. "(Source: interview with FR63, resident early 1980s)

"After her admission bath, FR62 was given a drink, which tasted unpleasant, but she was directed to drink it. She believes it contained medication. After this she was taken to the living room where she saw many of the other girls in a heavily sedated state."

"‘I was so frightened after what they had just done to me (referring to her admission bath); I was so frightened that I had to drink this drink. I can remember drinking it and it tasted horrible. It tasted really, really, horrible. I thought I was going to throw it back up and she said, "don’t you dare." I heaved. I can remember heaving as though I was going to be sick, and she said, "Don’t you dare, or else I will give you another lot." So I drank this horrible drink and then they opened this door to this room that was behind me on the right-hand side, and they pushed me in this room’." (Source: interview with FR62, resident early 1970s)

"The use of injected medication was mentioned by all four former residents, and the former staff member."

"‘That (being given an injection) would happen if you’d had an argument with somebody, if they felt you were being rude or disrespectful. Anything you stepped out of line for, in their eyes, then you got sedated, basically."

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B82ofVnicRoUTHBCc2ZFazg4Z1U/view



"Dr Sue Proctor and Ray Galloway credit Teresa Cooper for her thirty year battle that brought about the Kendall House Review, reports and justice.
http://www.no2abuse.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment