bowling

bowling

Wednesday 29 August 2018

Roelie Post in hiding



"Roelie Post worked for the EU in Brussels. She blew the whistle on malpractices and corruption in dealing with Romanian child trafficking. She was harassed and fired by the EU, and even has to repay her salary. She is in hiding but speaks out to GeenStijl's reporter Tom Staal."

Part of the Transcript:

Tom: "You`re fighting against a whole institution, so do you have any confidence? This seems to be an institution that`s a law unto itself."

Roelie: "To be honest, I have no confidence [in reaching a resolution] However, walking away and stopping [isn`t an option]; the case is also about the other issue, which is children`s rights. That`s what my fight is primarily about. I`m not so concerned about winning my pay case."

Tom: "So there`s more to your case?"

Roelie: "We have to consider what winning would look like here. Certainly, money is not trivial, I can`t live on fresh air. But it`s also about children`s rights; and that has to be resolved. No walking away from that.  Look, if I walk away these powerful forces are going to say, `Phew, she`s walking away! We`re rid of her`..." 
Tom: "You mean they`d never give up on trying to get you?"

Roelie; "Yes, I`ve come to that realisation by now. So this is something you can`t walk away from. So the only way out is forward and staying - literally - in the picture, keeping the case in the public eye, because that`s an insurance policy."

Tom: "But you`ve had to go into hiding. Are you able to go out on the street where you are now, or are you constantly watching your back?"

Roelie: "Yes, I`m constantly watching my back."

Tom: "If they`re such powerful entities, doesn`t their long arm extend even to where you are now?"

Roelie: "Well, they`ll track me down in the end alright. I`m under no illusions about that. But where I am now, it`s less straightforward for them to make me `have an accident`. It`s also less easy for them to intimidate me by getting people to hang around my front door or whatever. "

Tom: "This is a place where people are looking out for each other, you mean?"

Roelie: "Oh yes, very much so; and where strangers stand out. Quite the opposite of Brussels where I lived before. My house was 200 metres from the European Commission and you get all kinds of people passing by all day. In that situation, you never have a moment`s peace of mind but here I`m safe. On the other hand, I do have to watch out even here not to be out and about too much. So if I`m heading out anywhere beyond the next village, then I always use public transport and taxis. I don`t use my car for longer journeys. They - and now I`m saying `they`... well, the first time I had an appointment with my lawyer in Brussels, it seemed that I had a near miss from a very serious accident."

Tom: "Are you sure you`re not just seeing things here?"

Roelie: "Well, that`s just the problem. In 2004, what the [Belgian] police said to me was, keep a log of everything that happens, including what you were doing at the time. In other words to log `I was on my way to the supermarket` or `I was on my way to something else`.` So I started keeping such a log. When my car was stolen, I was doing X. When my house was broken into, I was doing Y. I was once nearly driven off a mountain by another vehicle and I logged what happened. So I could always account for what I was doing when something happened."

Tom: "But is there really so much money at stake in adoption that they`ve got it in for you?"

Roelie: "Yes and no. Of course, the adoption agencies want to make sure their salaries remain secure."

Tom: "So ultimately, it`s all about the money?

Roelie: "No, not just money."

Tom: "So what is it all about here? What`s their objective?"

Roelie: "There are more motives in the world than just money. Money in general is a prime motive, but there`s another powerful motive in the world and that`s sex, including, tragically, sex with children. There is a linkage between the adoption industry and paedophile networks and demand for children and the organ trade. This is because upon adoption, children acquire a new identity, and so you can `disappear` children that way. It sounds blood curdling; it is blood curdling."

Tom: "You were sitting right on top of this, weren`t you?

Roelie: "Yes."


----------------------------


See Roelie Post`s book For Export Only.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUa5q658H8U


No comments:

Post a Comment